Do I need an international driving licence?
When renting in the UK
Non UK driving licence holders:
- Must have held a full and valid driving licence for a minimum of 12 months.
- Licences issued overseas must be clearly identifiable as a driving licence, otherwise an international driving licence will be required.
- Some licences are only valid in the country of issue e.g. India, so an international driving licence is required.
In addition the following documentation must also be provided:
- Additional ID showing home address (e.g. Utility bill)
- Proof of entry/exit into/out of the UK (e-tickets acceptable).
For UK licence holders renting outside of the UK:
- You must have held a full and valid driving UK licence for a minimum of 12 months prior to pick up of the vehicle which you will have to show it at counter.
Please refer to the specific countries Terms and Conditions
Did you find this answer helpful?