What documents do I need to present at the Europcar counter when I pick up my car?
You will need to present the following documentation:
- *Your driving licence, issued by your country of residence
- For UK licence holders the paper counterpart is no longer valid, please visit this link for details on how this will effect your hire.
- If you hold the old style paper licence, you will need to provide photographic identification (such as a passport) at pick up.
- If you are renting outside of the country your licence was issued in, if you driving licence is not written in the English language and /or the characters cannot be read in the renting country, an International driving licence is mandatory. Note that your International driving licence is only valid if accompanied by your normal driving licence.
- Your driving licence will be requested for every hire.
- *Photographic identification such as a passport or your national identity card.
- A utility bill or bank statement (dated within the last three months) with the same address as your driving licence.
- A valid credit card which expires after the rental return date.
- If you have prepaid for your reservation, you must bring the same credit card used for the prepayment.
- If you are using a Europcar prepaid voucher (with a specified value or that says 'group and days apply') you must also present a credit card for you deposit and charges which are not been prepaid.
Please click here to check the list of accepted credit cards in the country rental conditions.
* Points 1 and 2 are also applicable to all additional drivers.
Did you find this answer helpful?